Since this blog has been dedicated to our two black cats, it only makes sense that I keep my faithful readers updated with their goings-on. Especially when one of them is about to turn green. And by green, I don't mean environmentally friendly. Or in anticipation of St. Patty's day tomorrow. Nope. This type of green reminds me of when I used to work at a large jet engine manufacturer and had to drive by several strange-looking ponds on my way to the parking lot. The water in those ponds looked like something from another planet. It was opaque with not a trace of algae to be seen. The pond itself was so green, I'd classify it as day-glo. Lord only knows what was in that water, but we used to joke that it was some sort of radioactive pit. And hence my connection between that green pond and my green cat. Ok, let me clarify that her fur color won't really be changing to a shade of day-glo green, but as of noon today she will become radioactive in an attempt to cure her feline hyperthyroidism. After a grueling 45 minute drive that included her not only peeing but also pooping in my car (yeah, THAT was a fun ride) we arrived this morning at the only veterinary hospital in the state that specializes in radioactive iodine therapy. And there she must remain, for the next 72 hours before we can bring our radioactive feline back home. Followed by two weeks of care and caution in order to keep ourselves from being exposed to the radiation. So things are going to be interesting here for a little while once she comes back, but it'll be worth it. This procedure has a 99% success rate which is why we decided to bite this very expensive bullet and get her treated. She'll be 10 years old this summer, but she's worth every penny. So even if she comes home glowing, I'll be very happy to have my little girl back.
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


2 comments:
That sounds... expensive, interesting and a little weird. But it's awesome it has such a high success rate. I can only imagine how you're going to have to care for the cat for two weeks-- I sense some good blog posts coming up!
Good luck!
oh i hope it gives her SUPER POWERS!
Post a Comment