Hailie came back home this past Friday to very happy parents and a very miserable brother. Miserable because I think he was getting used to being the only cat. So for the first few days she was home he did nothing but hiss at her. Or maybe it was because she came back home smelling like a veterinary hospital. In any event, she seems thrilled to be back.
In anticipation of her arrival, I spent Thursday night cleaning out her litter box and replacing our current litter with a new corn-derived litter given to us by the vet hospital. Since her poop and pee will be radioactive for the next two weeks, we are required to flush all litter box contents down the toilet. That's all fine until we decided to let her run outside for a bit over the weekend. After spending almost 4 days in a kennel, how could I deny her some fresh air and a little time out in the sun? It wasn't until after the weekend that I discovered that she hadn't used her litter box at all. I wonder if she's retaliating because it's the same litter she had in the hospital? Could a cat develop a hate association with litter? No clue. But all I know is somewhere out in our yard we have a superfund site developing. How nice.
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


1 comment:
Wait until it gets dark and then go outside and look for the bright green glowing piles of poop. That sounds like it would make a great party game-- you can invite people over for beer and a game of radioactive hide and go seek!
Post a Comment