Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Favorites!

I have an insatiable craving for candy today. Or maybe it's because I've been at work for an hour and a half already but haven't had breakfast yet. I dunno. But since my desk is absolutely devoid of any chocolatey-sweet goodness, all I can do is write about it instead So here goes - my favorite candy!

**Reader beware - do NOT read this if you're hungry!

Reese's Peanut Butter cups - It's like heaven wrapped in an orange wrapper. One little nibble and the problems that were plaguing me in life are erased from my mind. The only downside to these delectible eats is that they seem to have gotten much smaller in size than I last remember. That is until easter comes along and they sell those Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Oh now that is heaven times two! Unfortunately, that's not the only thing that's times two - so are the fat and calories. Better yet were the ones I made from scratch once. Very easy to make as a matter of fact - some cupcake tins, melted chocolate and peanut butter. Wow, that definitely got my stomach growling. Ok, on to the next!

Peanut Butter M&Ms - Can you tell I really love peanut butter?! Thank goodness I'm not allergic to nuts (and neither is B!) After growing up on the old classic Reese's Pieces, I was at first quite hesitant to try these, but I'm glad I did! They are very different from Reese's Pieces but anything with peanut butter is yummy to me.

Circus Peanuts - Ok, I know I'm still on the peanut track, but these have nothing to do with actual peanuts except for their shape. I can't remember when was the first time I had these, but I remember being very young. And I remember my mom eventually taking the bag away from me because I was eating one after another, after another. You get the picture. They're nothing but soft sugary goodness (and were probably responsible for most of my childhood cavities), but they're still near the top of my list of faves!

Gummy worms - Ok, I'll admit, I've never really been a fan of gummy bears, but since B has developed a fondness for the worm variety, I tried one of those recently and now I feel like maybe I've missed out! Or maybe the bears were just too darn small and something bigger like a worm is just better? I dunno. But they're good. And way more fun to stretch and play with than the bears ever could be.

Peppermint Patties - There's just something about the burst of mint in these things that goes straight to my sinuses and tickles them with minty goodness! They're also pretty good to eat when you've got a cold and your nose is all stuffy. Eat enough of these and that stuffy nose will disappear in no time thanks to all the mint. And I'd much rather eat a bunch of peppermint patties than down a few of those nasty Hall's cough drops.

Great, now I may really need to visit a vending machine sometime today. Of course, that would undo all the calories I burned during yesterday's jog (3 miles in 36 min! Woohoo!) Actually, I care to think of it more as a reward than a setback. Yeah, a reward...that's it...

No comments: