...and not enough time maintaining th blog these days! What can I say? I find myself constantly needing to see who writes on whose wall, what all my friends are doing at this very moment, and updating my status whenever I log in. The whole status thing is way too addictive and I find myself typing things into that field even if I don't have anything good to update about! I think my mind has equated it to a one-line blog post. Hence the neglect here at two black cats. So here's a quick recap - B got sick last week, I had a major release at work, we celebrated my mom's birthday, had a few friends over, the cats haven't quite adjusted to the time change and now B is sick again. See - that's almost short enough for a facebook status... Let's see if my mind will allow me to elaborate on some of those.
This past Saturday night we had a fantastic meal at a newly-reopened although not-that-new dining establishment. For the sake of anonymity I'll just call it Abby's but those of you from the area may know which one I'm talking about. It's in an old stagecoach stop and has had 3 owners/names since I can remember. Anyway - the food was delicious and the service was awesome. I think a good time was had by all.
The following day we had a few friends and their kids over for lunch and a movie. Well it initially started out as "lunch and a movie", but it turned into "lunch and some playtime outside" since the weather was so nice this weekend and it was obvious the kids had some serious spring fever. Everything was going great until Sunday night when B woke up around midnight complaining that his left ear was hurting. It appeared as though the dreaded ear infection had made it's return... Then he woke up a few more times after that. I lost track of how many times, but the Children's Tylenol didn't appear to be doing much for the pain. Around 2am I knew there was no way I was going to get back to sleep. So Monday morning we trek out to the pediatrician's and our suspicions were confirmed - he did in fact have an infection in his left ear. This is where things went from bad to worse. I asked the dr to call in the prescription to our pharmacy and we left the office to pick it up. I had a few other things to pick up also, so I was hoping that between the travel and shopping time, it would be ready and waiting for us. Well not so much. A half hour after we left the dr's office and there was nothing at the pharmacy. They checked their system, the fax machine, nothing. Great. So we head home with a miserable B minus his antibiotics.
After a few calls with the dr and the pharmacy, we found out that it could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours for a script to show up in the pharmacy's "system" after a dr has "called it in." In other words - when they say they'll "call it in", do not assume they are actually picking up the phone and speaking to the pharmacist. They are most likely using the "system" to submit it. So WHY do they say they are "calling it in"??? And why even bother to call it in if it could take 3 hours for it to show up at the pharmacy? Isn't the whole point of calling it in so that it's ready and waiting for you to pick up on your way home? I should have just asked for the damn piece of paper - it would have been filled much quicker. Grrr... Ok, rant over. In the end B did get his medicine and he did get a very much needed full night of sleep last night so we're hoping for a speedy recovery!
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


2 comments:
Wow, that system is pretty inconsiderate-- especially when kids are the patients! What child (or adult for that matter) wants to be in pain for an extra three hours while they wait for their prescription to be filled? Not to mention the fact that we live out in the sticks and a trip home and another trip out to the pharmacy is not that quick!
Who said technology is better? Back in the day, they'd just pick up the phone. Now they get all technical.
Post a Comment