I got home from work on Friday and took a quick walk in the woods next door. I took a few pictures of our leaning tree before the whole thing eventually falls down (into the woods, not towards the house, thank god!)
I can't remember when this tree first started leaning over, but it's gotten far worse since the start of winter.And now it's resting against a poor hemlock. It's just a matter of time before both of these huge trees come crashing down.
Here's a close-up of the 7' tall crack in the smaller hemlock thanks to the weight of that heavy oak.
And I love this "cave" that was created under it. It's difficult to see from this shot, but it's actually several feet deep in there.
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


1 comment:
The peepers are out in full force in our pond, too! It started yesterday afternoon (they usually wait until after dark) and was the loudest I've ever heard. My city-boy husband was wondering what he's gotten himself into!
Post a Comment