This was the view outside my office window yesterday while I was working from home. Ahhh...icicles. That picture doesn't do them much credit. Those suckers were easily 2 - 2 1/2 feet long. I can't imagine the amount of weight that's hanging off our gutters right now. But they are pretty to look at. And I'm sure they'll grow even longer today.
I woke up this morning to a very chilly 4°F outside. On my way to work I saw the temp in my car drop down to 1°F. It was downright frigid. And I think my brain must have froze at some point in the night because I chose to put on a skirt today for work. What was I thinking?!?! Despite the fact that I've got all that Canadian blood in my veins, I don't think my legs defrosted until I was pulling into the parking lot at work. And now I'm going to spend the entire day sitting on my arse, near-motionless at a desk. I guess I'm just determined to freeze today.
But I looked at the weather forecast for this weekend and my hopes have been lifted. Temps for this weekend are projected to be in the mid to upper 40s!! So hopefully I can say goodbye bobsled-luge driveway. And although our icicles will also have to suffer, I think our gutters will be breathing a sigh of relief.
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


2 comments:
We've got a bunch of those suckers at our house too. And I, too, wore skirts to work twice this week (perhaps we're just very optimistic people?) I CAN'T WAIT for the warm(er) weather this weekend!
i am ever so grateful for eddie bauer thermal tights.
i recommend them to everyone.
Post a Comment