So B was given his first "real" homework assignment last week. And by "real" I mean it was something that he had to do by himself. Not a mom-or-dad-will-do-it-for-you kind of thing like we've seen in the past. Regardless though - homework in Junior Kindergarten?!? Crazy I know. Let me just say, I was just as un-enthused about the idea as he was.
The assignment was to pick a favorite teddy bear or other stuffed animal and draw it on a piece of paper which will be combined with those of the other students to create a book for them to share with their families. I think finding the favorite stuffed animal was the hardest part. B has a bunch of favs and makes sure that 3 of them follow him to bed every night. But for this project he picked an animal that he hasn't even played with much...a caterpillar made up of rings with a different number on each ring. He reaffirmed to me that this was indeed his favorite, so ok, on to the next task - draw said stuffed animal. Thanks to a very convenient dry erase/chalkboard combo easel that my parents got him one year for Christmas, he had a bunch of opportunities to practice drawing his caterpillar before committing it to paper.
Here is snapshot of what I thought was the best one. And you can sort of see the actual stuffed animal in the foreground. He was quite proud of his accomplishment!



1 comment:
I think he did a fine job... I'm not surprised by the homework being assigned. They are prepping kids earlier and earlier
Post a Comment