This blog has been sitting here rather neglected for the past few weeks, so let me take a few moments during this yucky, icy day to give a quick re-cap of the past week's activities.
First of, Thanksgiving turned out great and all of my stress over planning and preparing for the feast turned out to be well rewarded. I can honestly say that all 15 of us ended that day with full bellies and good cheer. And thanks to my sis-in-law's boyfriend, we even ended the evening with a bang as he set off the last remaining fireworks left over from the summer. The mild evening turned out to be perfect for it. Now I'm wondering if this is going to have to become a new family tradition to have fireworks on Thanksgiving...hmm...
And the very next day I finished cleaning up and went right to work putting up the rest of the Christmas decorations in the dining room. So now we are entirely in the Christmas mode instead of being 1/2 Christmas and 1/2 Thanksgiving!
And to top it all off - I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Just one more thing to get for B and his cousin and a few stocking stuffers and that'll be it. Nevermind that, J thinks I've gone completely mental now because not only is my shopping almost done, but I have already finished wrapping everything I have so far! (Only spent an hour and a half to wrap 17 gifts - not bad!) But I do have to give him some credit. He actually started his shopping last week, which is crazy for him since he's usually out there on Christmas Eve still shopping.
Next up - Christmas parties! I'm starting to lose track of how many parties we will be attending this year. At last count I think we were up to 4 not counting one that we are hosting. They range from the extremely informal, beer, wings and a grab bag to the formal company-wide cocktail party. Three of the parties are related to J's work in some way, one is for the Land Trust (which J is now the proud VP of!) and the last one that we will be hosting is a small group gathering for my co-workers. On top of that I offered to host Christmas this year for the family and we started a tradition last year of having a few friends over to ring in the New Year too. Sheesh - I'll need a vacation after all of that! But THAT is why I wanted to get the shopping out of the way early.
And while all of this is going on, I am desperately trying to get my cousin from Ottawa to come down and spend Christmas with us. It would be great if he came down, but right now it's up in the air. And I figure being busy at this time of year won't be too a bad thing. It'll help work off those million or so calories that I'll be inhaling over the next few weeks!
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


1 comment:
I'm sooo jealous! I swore I wouldn't think about Christmas stuff until we finished the wedding thank yous. And I really haven't... for the most part. I got a couple of gifts here and there, but still have the majority of our list left to complete.
Again, I'm jealous you're so close to being done. Jealous.
Post a Comment