Well I have to admit, this week has been going a lot smoother than I thought it would be. With the exception of the morning drop-off to nursery school. For some reason, B has reverted back to a level of separation anxiety not seen since his infant days. The mornings start out great - he's in a good mood, eats his breakfast and even seems excited to go to school. Then we arrive at the school and the kid does a complete 180. All of a sudden he no longer wants to go and pretty much tries to pull my arm off as I try to redirect him to some really cool toys. Then the lower lip sticks out, followed by the watering eyes and suddenly I feel like the worst parent in the world. Of course, it's only week 3 of nursery school, so I guess some of this is normal. Even though this is a huge place compared to his tiny at-home daycare that he had been going to for the past 2 years, you'd think that after spending 2 weeks at their summer camp in August (and totally loving it!) that the transition to nursery school would be smooth. Not so much. Of course, witnessing the other kids having a meltdown as their parents try to leave doesn't help either. Yet another stage in growing up I guess. This can't go on forever, right?
Ok, the good part about being a single mom for a week is only having to make dinner for two out of the six nights. And that's if you count re-heating leftovers as 'making dinner'. So far, I've been to my parent's and my in-law's for dinner. Then my mom calls up last night and says she wants us to come over again tonight. Friday night we have plans to eat dinner with Jessica (the PG co-worker...well actually I pretty much told her we'd be stopping by with a nice homemade veggie lasagna so she'd be crazy not to let us in!) and Saturday morning JG will be back. I wish every single-mom week worked out that well.
A son for the Duke and Duchess of Cardona
10 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment